Logistics Import/Export Associate:
Mission Pets, based in San Francisco, is America's market leader in pet lifestyle products, delivering the best functional, fashionable products for dogs, cats, and small animals. We are a private equity portfolio company focused on profitable growth across multiple worldwide geographies, product categories, and distribution channels.
This individual ensures all logistics transportation activities occur accurately and in a timely manner. The person in the role will also be cross-trained in order management, wholesale customer service, and domestic 3PL management. The position is operational in nature and requires some knowledge and experience shipping goods internationally.
The Logistics Associate reports to the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate with production to validate cargo ready dates for all open factory purchase orders
- Manage day-to-day communications with Mission Pets’ freight forwarder to ensure all goods are booked on vessels at least 10 days prior to their cargo ready dates
- Ensure all import documentation is on-time and accurate for shipments into the US
- Ensure all items on inbound shipments are setup in external 3PL (third party logistics warehouse) systems
- Provide pre-arrival notification for all inbound shipments to the external 3PL
- Coordinate with production and sales to ensure sales orders for international shipments are received and goods are ready and booked with customers’ freight forwarders at least 10 days prior to their cargo ready dates
- Obtain packing lists and prepare commercial invoices for all international orders
- Ensure all export documentation is accurate when received from factories and delivered on-time to customers’ freight forwarders
- Secondary responsibilities
- Learn to receive EDI orders and to manually upload or enter customer orders into the system and act as order management back-up during peak periods
- Learn to assist 3PL with preparation of outbound shipment documentation and labels as needed
- Learn to create invoices in Sage 100, based on daily shipping report and transmit to customers via EDI/email/snail mail
Qualifications for this position include:
- At least one year performing several of the responsibilities listed above
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload to complete all tasks due each day
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Excel formulas and structure and comfortable with Word and Outlook
- Excellent grammar and clear written communications via e-mail